Saving Money on Parenting Products by Shopping at Mothercare
Back in the early 1960s, no high street shops were dedicated to providing the kind of items mothers require. Responding to this situation, James Goldsmith and Selim Zilkha founded Mothercare in 1961, and it swiftly became a retail phenomenon. Over the years, Mothercare has absorbed other brands like the Early Learning Centre, but it has retained its trusted identity. Nowadays, it owns over 1,000 retail premises across the world, including almost 400 in the UK alone, so there should be a store near every parent.
Where to Buy Mothercare Products
Shoppers can either head to their local Mothercare store or shop online for the company’s products at www.mothercare.com. Whatever parenting products you require, they will be just a few clicks or smartphone swipes away.
Finding your local outlet is simple as well. Just log onto mothercare.com and use the handy Store Finder to locate your nearest branch. After entering your postcode, you can filter search results to find stores with car parks, changing facilities and pushchair access.
Product Categories at Mothercare.com
Mothercare stocks a massive variety of products for expecting mothers, newborns, toddlers and young children. Their current product range includes:
- Maternity – Featuring dresses, knitwear, tops, coats, jeans, bottoms, swimwear and nightwear that has been designed specifically for expecting mothers. Also, includes maternity lingerie, party wear, nursing bras, briefs, feeding pillows and a range of maternity toiletries.
- Clothing – Includes special selections for newborns (up to 18 months old), toddlers (1-5 years) and boys and girls (5-8 years). Clothing on offer includes unisex sleepsuits bodysuits, tops, trousers, outerwear, nightwear and jeans. There are knitwear, dresses, shoes and skirts for girls and plenty of shirts, jumpers, trousers and other garments for boys as well.
- Nursery Furniture – Features cribs, cots, baskets, baby mattresses, wardrobes, cabinets, cot top changers, changing units, rocking chairs, mobiles and bedding sets.
- Bedding – A huge selection of duvets, sheets, pillow cases, blankets, swaddles, baby sleeping bags and quilts.
- Pushchairs – Includes prams, pushchairs, strollers, buggies and versions for two or more babies to sit comfortably while you move them around.
- Toys – Every kind of baby toy imaginable, from lights, mobiles, baby mats and trikes to baby walkers, wooden toys, puzzles, bath toys, dolls, soft toys, rattles and stacking toys.
- Feeding – Features products for breastfeeding, bottle feeding, sterilising, teething and weaning, along with plenty of cups, beakers, high chairs, bottles, bibs and muslins to make meal times go smoothly.
- Car seats and carriers – Includes different types of car seats, with forward facing, highback boosters and ordinary booster seats, as well as baby carriers and car seat accessories like extra travel adapters and driving toys.
- Bathing and changing – Features baby bath, towels and flannels, change bags, toilet trainer seats, potties, baby toothbrushes, thermometers and baby grooming kits.
Along with all of these product areas, Mothercare also have special seasonal and sales sections, including dedicated Christmas sections that include a wide range of gift ideas. The special “Gift” section also features some of the most popular toys, clothing and other gift ideas like photo frames.
Brands Available at Mothercare.com
Mothercare stock all of the world’s leading baby clothing, pushchair and baby accessory brands, including big names like:
Making a Purchase from Mothercare
Buying items from the Mothercare online store is quick and simple. Just select the item you’d like to buy and press “Add to basket.” Now click “View basket and checkout” and enter any promotional codes you might have. Then click “Go to secure checkout”. There’s no need to create a Mothercare account, and you can check out as a guest if you desire.
Mothercare also publish a glossy catalogue, which is always a handy item to have on your coffee table. Catalogue requests can be made here.
The Mothercare Loyalty Scheme
Signing up to mothercare.com is a good idea if you intend to become a regular customer. Members receive updates from Mothercare when new product lines are announced and are usually the first to learn about sales.
If you sign up to the online store, you can then apply to join My Mothercare, the company’s loyalty scheme. New members receive £100 of free discounts, special discounts on their child’s birthday, special advice and information about future discounts and helpful content to make parenting easier.
Sales at Mothercare
Mothercare constantly run discounts on popular products and the best place to look for current deals is the “Outlet” section of mothercare.com, you’ll find deals divided into clothing, maternity, home and travel and toys. The front page of the online store also features special sales sections for specific product areas, so be sure to scroll down when you visit.
Mothercare are also major players in the Black Friday retail event, which sees the company slashing prices on parenting products, toys and clothing. Bookmark their dedicated Black Friday pages as well as the Mothercare HotUKDeals listings to ensure that you don’t miss a single deal.
Payment Methods Accepted by Mothercare.com
Anyone purchasing items from Mothercare.com can use the following payment options to complete their transaction: Visa, MasterCard, Delta, American Express, Maestro, Solo and PayPal, as well as Mothercare gift cards and e-vouchers.
All credit card payments are protected by systems like Verified by Visa, Verisign Secured or MasterCard Securecode, so you can be sure that your private details are as well guarded as possible.
Shipping Options from Mothercare.com
Mothercare’s online store offers plenty of different delivery options, so you can wait for cheaper delivery or pay a little extra to have your items with you as soon as possible. Options include:
- Click & Collect – Items can be delivered to the Mothercare store of your choice and will be ready for collection within 3 days of placing the order. The service is free of charge for all orders over £30 and costs £1.50 for orders under £30. Mothercare will also send you a text message when your item has arrived.
- Standard Delivery – All items sent via Standard Delivery should arrive within 5-7 days of placing the order, although there can be extra delays for large furniture items and personalised orders. Standard Delivery is free for orders over £50 and costs £3.95 for all orders under £50.
- Premium Delivery – Items can be delivered whenever you choose (as long as it’s a working day) as quickly as one day after placing your order, if the order is placed before 16:00. Delivery costs £4.95 and can only be made between Monday and Friday, from 7:00 to 19:00.
There is also a special furniture delivery service that will deliver items to any room of your home, which costs £9.95 per delivery. Look out for a text from the furniture courier company, as customers need to liaise with the couriers to arrange a suitable delivery time.
Mothercare offers order tracking on all deliveries. All you’ll need is your order number and e-mail address, and you can find out exactly where your package is.
Returning Items to Mothercare
Customers can return almost any item ordered from mothercare.com within 30 days of receipt, but they must be in their original packaging and unused. Items like cosmetics, personalised items, food and DVDs are not included.
If you want to make a return, the process is as follows:The first option is to take your items to the nearest Mothercare store. In this case, take the items and a proof of purchase to the store (along with the card used to make the purchase). Staff in the shop will process your refund or exchange there and then.
To make a postal return, the first thing you need to do is complete the delivery note that came with your package (and be aware that Mothercare will not reimburse customers for postage costs).
Now, send the item(s) to the following address:
- Mothercare Direct
- Prolog Phase 5
- Sherwood Park
- Nottingham, NG15 0DJ
- United Kingdom
Returns can also be processed via the Collect+ service. To do so, contact Mothercare by e-mail or give them a call at 0344 8755222 and an operator will arrange for a Collect+ label to be sent in the post.
Mothercare’s Social Media Presence
Mothercare are constantly changing their product range and discounts, but it’s easy to keep up with their activity via social media. The company operates across all major social media platforms, including:
Another good way to stay abreast of developments is by following the Mothercare Blog. Mothercare really takes care to ensure that the blog is a useful source of advice and tips for mothers and those who are expecting and it’s an excellent way to ensure that you don’t miss any offers as well.
Using the Mothercare App
Mothercare has fully embraced the smartphone revolution and their app is one of the best retail tools around.
The app can be downloaded from the iTunes Store or Google Play and allows you to shop remotely, check customer feedback on different products, manage your orders and share your thoughts about Mothercare products via social media. It’s a really handy tool.
If you want to find out more about what Mothercare has to offer or you need to make a customer complaint, getting in touch with the firm is simple. You can reach them via:
Phone: 0344 875 5222 (8:00-20:00 Monday to Friday, 9:00-18:00 Saturday and 9:00-17:00 on Sundays)
Email: You can email the customer service via the company’s online contact form here.
- Mothercare Head Office
- Cherry Tree Road
- WD24 6SH
However, many basic queries about what Mothercare has to offer, deliveries, returns and payment can be handled by the Mothercare FAQ, which can be found here.
Stock Up on Parenting Essentials at Bargain Prices with MothercareParenting can be an expensive task, but the discounts available from Mothercare will make it easier to afford everything from toys and blankets to baby feeding products, cosmetics and toothbrushes. The company are always launching new discounts and you can find all of them at the HotUKDeals Mothercare listings pages.